Re: Historic Night
There was definitely a degree of novelty value....I met a few ground-hoppers and indeed Edgware fans. BUT it was clear to see the potential for growth. Now we're probably not talking the sort of fan growth that Dulwich Hamlet have had over the last two seasons but we could see us stick another 100 on our current average for starters. Our new marketing team will have a huge role to play in that regard.
The night itself was memorable and was something for the fans who have stuck with it for years, to cherish. To see so many youngsters enjoying themselves was another huge plus point....as was the packed bar at half-time!!
On the field, Casuals gave a really decent account of themselves but were eventually worn down by possession football. Their goalkeeper, Danny Bracken, deserves a special mention, for not only playing really well but fully entering into the spirit of the occasion. He is a lad that clearly epitomises The Corinthian Spirit.
The result and performance aside, probably the most pleasing aspect was Leon Smith getting a goal. He is going to be vital in the run-in and to get all three strikers on the score-sheet was perfect.
- Historic Night by rwakeley26/3/2015 21:54Thu Mar 26 21:54:22 2015view thread
- Re: Historic Night by StAlbansDon27/3/2015 16:18Fri Mar 27 16:18:15 2015
- Re: Historic Night by richhend27/3/2015 13:35Fri Mar 27 13:35:48 2015
- Re: Historic Night by richhend27/3/2015 13:35Fri Mar 27 13:35:32 2015
- Re: Historic Night by Deadman28/3/2015 08:43Sat Mar 28 08:43:35 2015