I cannot believe that Harrow would deliberately leave the pitch in a worse state for us. They have an outside groundsman, who does a number of other pitches, whereas in years gone by (when they consistently had the best surface in the Division) Harrow had pretty much first call on him – mainly because he played at full-back for them!
Harrow Borough used to run a reserve team and an Under-18s side. Those two teams would probably have had as many fixtures between them as Hendon’s first team, so the pitch usage would not be very different – no more than half a dozen games over nine months. To be honest, Under-18s might just do a little less damage than an adult team, but a reserve team would certainly carve up the surface in the same way as a first team.
Next article in this thread: Re: Another observation by Paul Butler18/2/2015 12:31Wed Feb 18 12:31:03 2015
- A touch of realism? by mike cox15/2/2015 19:49Sun Feb 15 19:49:36 2015view thread
- Re: A touch of realism? by John Fordham15/2/2015 20:54Sun Feb 15 20:54:29 2015
- Re: A touch of realism? by Paul Butler16/2/2015 10:59Mon Feb 16 10:59:03 2015
- Re: A touch of realism? by John17/2/2015 18:14Tue Feb 17 18:14:41 2015
- Another observation by David B18/2/2015 12:19Wed Feb 18 12:19:08 2015
- Re: Another observation by Paul Butler18/2/2015 12:31Wed Feb 18 12:31:03 2015
- Re: Another observation by John18/2/2015 19:13Wed Feb 18 19:13:58 2015