Agreed. Short corners are far too easy to defend against. Also, if you give the ball away you run the risk of conceding a break away goal.
Given we now have a lot of height in the team with Elliot. Charlie. Dave and Chris Seeby, I would always go for the long corner.
I'm surprised we don't try the infamous 'Sutton near post flick'. Older supporters will recall the trips to Gander Green Lane where we regularly shipped 4, 5 and possibly 6 goals. We knew what they were going to do but simply couldn't stop them doing it. Mind you, first division Coventry couldn't either.
Next article in this thread: Re: Short corners by dw10/2/2015 21:39Tue Feb 10 21:39:44 2015
- East Thurrock by Deadman10/2/2015 09:46Tue Feb 10 09:46:42 2015view thread
- Re: East Thurrock by Paul Butler10/2/2015 10:52Tue Feb 10 10:52:47 2015
- Short corners by John Fordham10/2/2015 20:33Tue Feb 10 20:33:57 2015
- Short corners by Richard Church11/2/2015 23:05Wed Feb 11 23:05:08 2015
- Re: Short corners by dw10/2/2015 21:39Tue Feb 10 21:39:44 2015
- Short or long - it's very simple. by David B12/2/2015 12:18Thu Feb 12 12:18:54 2015