Re: The skipper...
I am a relatively new supporter to the club, and was at Lewes yesterday. It is a shame that our captain lets himself down so badly with his discipline. I was browsing the FA website last night - he starts a 2 match ban for accumulation of bookings next Saturday, and then a 4 match ban for yesterday's red card. Assuming there's no postponements - after tomorrow's game he won't be able to play until 7th March!
I know I'm new to the club, only been coming for about a year - but this, together with the various rumours that I hear about his behaviour off the pitch, is not becoming of a captain of any side, in any sport, at any level.
I would be interested to hear the thoughts of the board and the management team about Kevin's discipline and rumoured off-field behaviour - if true on the latter stage. He is supposed to be a role model - this is not the behaviour I want my children to see when they are old enough to come to games.
For me this is a situation where the club do need to say something to the supporters. It is suspensions like this that, as John said, could cost us a place in the play-offs. Kevin, when he's concentrating on playing like we all know he can, is one of the best defensive midfielders in this league. For me, his discipline is too much of a risk.
I believe Seeby has 2 more games to go on his suspension and O'Leary has one more to go - we need to get the discipline sorted out if we want to ensure we get a spot in the play-offs (I think the title is Maidstone's to lose now).
On a positive note, I must say a huge well done to the other members of the squad yesterday for the recovery after going behind and the red cards to secure the win - well done all. Kevin - I hope you're hanging your head in shame this morning. You have let the club and it's supporters down very badly in my opinion.
Next article in this thread: Benefit of the doubt by rwakeley8/2/2015 11:22Sun Feb 8 11:22:27 2015
- Lewes.... by Deadman7/2/2015 19:54Sat Feb 7 19:54:14 2015view thread
- The skipper... by John8/2/2015 01:21Sun Feb 8 01:21:30 2015
- Re: The skipper... by tw9878/2/2015 08:18Sun Feb 8 08:18:31 2015
- Benefit of the doubt by rwakeley8/2/2015 11:22Sun Feb 8 11:22:27 2015
- Not There by Hendon John8/2/2015 13:14Sun Feb 8 13:14:01 2015
- Re: Not There by Deadman8/2/2015 15:07Sun Feb 8 15:07:07 2015
- Consistency by David B9/2/2015 10:00Mon Feb 9 10:00:31 2015
- Re: Consistency by Paul Butler9/2/2015 11:25Mon Feb 9 11:25:47 2015
- Rip Off by Jeff Hill9/2/2015 15:45Mon Feb 9 15:45:30 2015
- Re: Rip Off by Deadman9/2/2015 18:15Mon Feb 9 18:15:40 2015
- Re: Rip Off by John Fordham9/2/2015 17:13Mon Feb 9 17:13:21 2015
- Re: Rip Off by Pink Panther10/2/2015 09:55Tue Feb 10 09:55:27 2015