Re: Not as bad
It has just been reported on the 10.30pm BBC London TV news that Thameslink have closed the line between St Pancras and Farringdon until tomorrow (Thursday) evening AT THE EARLIEST while Thames Water work to try to find the cause of the flooding in the Clerkenwell tunnel between St Pancras and Farringdon.
Thameslink have cancelled 1,000 trains since last Friday, and have had at least five trains damaged by the flooding. They have warned of further disruptions and running short trains once the service is restored.
A Thames Water spokesman admitted that they do not know where the source of the flooding is, though work is going on to try to find out and then effect repairs. He admitted that it was not possible to give an estimate of when the flooding problems would be resolved.
It was further reported that Network Rail would be submitting a claim of at leat £1 million against Thames Water for the service disruption.
In the light of the above, it might be best to assume no service between St Pancras and Farringdon on Saturday. Whether services to the south will start from Farringdon or Blackfriars (or further south?) is a moot point and something that will need to be checked.
Next article in this thread: Best thing to do by Paul Butler29/1/2015 00:05Thu Jan 29 00:05:51 2015
- Peacehaven Away by John Rice28/1/2015 07:38Wed Jan 28 07:38:55 2015view thread
- Peacehaven Away for £7 each! by jimsredwhiteandgreen28/1/2015 10:37Wed Jan 28 10:37:21 2015
- Re: Peacehaven Away for £7 each! by John28/1/2015 18:20Wed Jan 28 18:20:17 2015
- NO St Pancras - Brighton trains by Paul Butler28/1/2015 17:09Wed Jan 28 17:09:38 2015
- Restrictions by Paul Butler28/1/2015 17:21Wed Jan 28 17:21:44 2015
- Possible problem by David B28/1/2015 18:27Wed Jan 28 18:27:06 2015
- Not as bad by David B28/1/2015 21:59Wed Jan 28 21:59:28 2015
- Re: Not as bad by ChrisHFC28/1/2015 22:53Wed Jan 28 22:53:55 2015
- Best thing to do by Paul Butler29/1/2015 00:05Thu Jan 29 00:05:51 2015
- It's just an alternative by jimsredwhiteandgreen29/1/2015 10:30Thu Jan 29 10:30:19 2015
- alternative by eddieedd29/1/2015 19:04Thu Jan 29 19:04:16 2015
- Re: alternative by Jake30/1/2015 12:39Fri Jan 30 12:39:36 2015
- West Hampstead by Jake31/1/2015 07:25Sat Jan 31 07:25:42 2015