Thanks for that, Phil. Fully understand. My thought was that any Club would want, if at all possible, for any match to go ahead - programmes printed, staff arranged, fixture pile-up etc.. - and would only want to suggest a postponement if deemed to be apparant that ground was potentially unfit. I hadn't thought of the subversive side to this.
I still think though that, where it is apparant 3 hours before kick-off, a pitch will not be playable that nothing can be done until the match ref arrives.
- Met Police by John Fordham12/1/2015 16:45Mon Jan 12 16:45:43 2015view thread
- Re: Met Police by Jake Osborn 12/1/2015 17:07Mon Jan 12 17:07:20 2015
- No one to blame by David B12/1/2015 18:00Mon Jan 12 18:00:18 2015
- Re: No one to blame by John Fordham12/1/2015 18:20Mon Jan 12 18:20:12 2015
- Re: No one to blame by Anonymous12/1/2015 20:00Mon Jan 12 20:00:18 2015
- Re: No one to blame by John Fordham12/1/2015 20:08Mon Jan 12 20:08:54 2015
- Not pointing fingers by David B13/1/2015 00:38Tue Jan 13 00:38:44 2015
- Pitch inspections by John Fordham13/1/2015 10:13Tue Jan 13 10:13:51 2015
- Interesting idea, but here's why it is not possibl… by David B13/1/2015 13:05Tue Jan 13 13:05:11 2015
- Re: Interesting idea, but here's why it is not pos… by John Fordham13/1/2015 15:37Tue Jan 13 15:37:01 2015
- Oh by David B13/1/2015 16:39Tue Jan 13 16:39:47 2015
- Re: Oh by John Fordham13/1/2015 17:52Tue Jan 13 17:52:07 2015
- Re: Oh by Hendonboy13/1/2015 19:11Tue Jan 13 19:11:43 2015
- Re: Oh by John Fordham13/1/2015 19:51Tue Jan 13 19:51:40 2015