Definitely not the worst game ever. My nomination was a Full-Members Cup tie against Boreham Wood which we lost on penalties after one attempt on target (B Wood) in 120 freezing minutes. The game started sub-zero temperatures and it only got colder. In the penalty shoot-out we lost, I think 2–0, and our four failures included two more misses. I also remember a goalless draw with Woking in the Isthmian League when neither team put an effort on target. It should be remembered, however, that London Bari are 13th in the Essex Senior League, so this was very big performance and game for them.
As for the coldest, away v Heybridge Swifts, 30 December 2000, probably wins it – the referee said he would have abandoned the match rather than allowing the goalkeepers to risk their health on the frozen tundra in a penalty shoot-out – we lost 6–5 after extra time. Second coldest was away v Bishops Stortford in the Full Members Cup 1994, we won on penalties, but the air temperature that night (no wind chill) was –12C!
Next article in this thread: re: London Bari by mike cox3/12/2014 16:32Wed Dec 3 16:32:37 2014
- London Bari .... by Jake Osborn 3/12/2014 00:04Wed Dec 3 00:04:08 2014view thread
- Re: London Bari .... by Deadman3/12/2014 10:14Wed Dec 3 10:14:19 2014
- Not quite by David B3/12/2014 15:44Wed Dec 3 15:44:04 2014
- re: London Bari by mike cox3/12/2014 16:32Wed Dec 3 16:32:37 2014
- Re: re: London Bari by Colchester Don3/12/2014 19:12Wed Dec 3 19:12:07 2014
- Re: re: London Bari by Paul Butler5/12/2014 11:18Fri Dec 5 11:18:25 2014
- Re: re: London Bari by John Fordham3/12/2014 20:09Wed Dec 3 20:09:16 2014