Re: London Bari ....
For sure it was a grim affair last night but I'll give credit to London Bari who grew into the game after a shaky start. Tactically they were pretty astute, maintaining a decent shape and defending their box well. Their tiny sweeper read the play superbly and broke up a number of attacks. Ultimately the pitch hindered both sides in terms of providing entertainment but the effort of the players could not be faulted.
As for the pens.....Hendon stayed calm whilst Bari panicked a bit. I've never seen a penalty shoot out conclude with a lost ball before. It was quite fitting really. Was also quite surprised to see one of the Hendon players already at Plaistow station when I got there after the game!
Ps...I thought Bari should have been awarded a penalty in the 2nd half. The smack of boot on boot was clearly audible and the Bari bench were hopping mad. And I estimate the crowd of 27 was made up of about 20 Hendon fans, 1 Bari fan (the woman behind the goal) and 6 unidentified in the "main stand." I'm not counting any of the youth who seemed to appear for the penalties!
Next article in this thread: Not quite by David B3/12/2014 15:44Wed Dec 3 15:44:04 2014
- London Bari .... by Jake Osborn 3/12/2014 00:04Wed Dec 3 00:04:08 2014view thread
- Re: London Bari .... by Deadman3/12/2014 10:14Wed Dec 3 10:14:19 2014
- Not quite by David B3/12/2014 15:44Wed Dec 3 15:44:04 2014
- re: London Bari by mike cox3/12/2014 16:32Wed Dec 3 16:32:37 2014
- Re: re: London Bari by Colchester Don3/12/2014 19:12Wed Dec 3 19:12:07 2014
- Re: re: London Bari by Paul Butler5/12/2014 11:18Fri Dec 5 11:18:25 2014
- Re: re: London Bari by John Fordham3/12/2014 20:09Wed Dec 3 20:09:16 2014