What might have been
If Truro City had not scored in the last couple of minutes and their FA Trophy tie had ended goalless, Witham would have been making the trip to Cornwall for the replay as the visitors refused to play the first game to a finish. The mileage for a round trip Witham to Truro is a little under 700 miles. At an average speed of 55mph, that is more than six hours each way. It's just as well the players are all full-time professionals …
Here are four comparisons of round trips from stadium to stadium in Britain for national teams.
Wembley Stadium to Celtic Park, Glasgow, and back, is about 800 miles
Twickenham Stadium to Murrayfield Stadium (Edinburgh) and back is about 820 miles
Wembley Stadium to the Stade de France near Paris round trip is 600 miles
Millennium Stadium to the King Badouin Stadium in Brussels (where Wales played on Sunday evening) is 750 miles round trip.
Next article in this thread: Re: What might have been by John Fordham19/11/2014 13:48Wed Nov 19 13:48:17 2014
- Witham - Pitch Inspection by Simon18/11/2014 13:47Tue Nov 18 13:47:05 2014view thread
- MATCH POSTPONED by Simon18/11/2014 14:21Tue Nov 18 14:21:25 2014
- Re: MATCH POSTPONED by Paul Butler18/11/2014 14:28Tue Nov 18 14:28:34 2014
- Re: MATCH POSTPONED by Colchester Don18/11/2014 17:20Tue Nov 18 17:20:46 2014
- Re: MATCH POSTPONED by SteveHFC18/11/2014 18:38Tue Nov 18 18:38:55 2014
- What might have been by David B19/11/2014 12:41Wed Nov 19 12:41:56 2014
- Re: What might have been by John Fordham19/11/2014 13:48Wed Nov 19 13:48:17 2014
- Yes by David B19/11/2014 14:08Wed Nov 19 14:08:35 2014