Even more unbalanced
Lowestoft and Ramsgate were the only two home draws. Based on the 64 teams in the southern half of the 1st qualifying round draw, the odds of getting one of 21/23 teams was always roughly one in three, so it is almost one in six to be drawn away to a team from the same division in any season. In five straight seasons this statistic is freakish.
By the way, in the season Gary Mac returned we started at home to a team from Ryman One South, AFC Wimbledon (who had 13 former Hendon people on the pitch and bench), before away games at Taunton and Slough.
Next article in this thread: Improbability... & the Mason/Feenyin in the Blazer by alan ainsworth30/10/2014 13:54Thu Oct 30 13:54:02 2014
- FA Trophy by dw26/10/2014 21:48Sun Oct 26 21:48:45 2014view thread
- Re: FA Trophy by John26/10/2014 22:36Sun Oct 26 22:36:18 2014
- Even more unbalanced by David B26/10/2014 23:24Sun Oct 26 23:24:54 2014
- Improbability... & the Mason/Feenyin in the Blazer… by alan ainsworth30/10/2014 13:54Thu Oct 30 13:54:02 2014
- Re: Improbability... & the Mason/Feenyin in the Bl… by Paul Butler30/10/2014 22:44Thu Oct 30 22:44:49 2014
- half are local-ish by David B31/10/2014 12:22Fri Oct 31 12:22:31 2014
- Just to nitpick ... by John Fordham31/10/2014 14:58Fri Oct 31 14:58:16 2014