I have for some while been irritated by the FA Trophy exemption system. Reading in the Dulwich programme yesterday, I see that no fewer than 12 Ryman Premier clubs are meeting each other next week in none other than the 1st Qualifying round. Barely before the competition has started, six clubs from only the third tier of the competition are bound to be eliminated.
Is it not time for the FA Trophy and FA Vase to be amalgamated? The FA Trophy seems to be nothing much more than a super cup for those Conference clubs inclined to be interested. At least the FA Cup usually gives Ryman clubs the chance to play teams outside their own division.
Congratulations to East Thurrock incidentally. It just goes to show that even a mid-table Ryman Premier team can annihilate a Conference club.
Next article in this thread: Re: FA Trophy by John26/10/2014 22:36Sun Oct 26 22:36:18 2014
- FA Trophy by dw26/10/2014 21:48Sun Oct 26 21:48:45 2014view thread
- Re: FA Trophy by John26/10/2014 22:36Sun Oct 26 22:36:18 2014
- Even more unbalanced by David B26/10/2014 23:24Sun Oct 26 23:24:54 2014
- Improbability... & the Mason/Feenyin in the Blazer… by alan ainsworth30/10/2014 13:54Thu Oct 30 13:54:02 2014
- Re: Improbability... & the Mason/Feenyin in the Bl… by Paul Butler30/10/2014 22:44Thu Oct 30 22:44:49 2014
- half are local-ish by David B31/10/2014 12:22Fri Oct 31 12:22:31 2014
- Just to nitpick ... by John Fordham31/10/2014 14:58Fri Oct 31 14:58:16 2014