The first half an hour or so was horrendous. There was one side that looked as though they wanted to be there and they weren't wearing green. Three poor goals conceded and it looked very much as though it would be business as usual in the League Cup.
However, once Max netted, things changed. A couple of minutes later Peter Dean was cleaned out in the penalty area when through on goal - the red card was right, and Sam Murphy squeezed the penalty underneath the goalkeeper. To be honest, we should have been at least level then at the break as two or three decent chances went begging.
After the break, as you'd expect we were applying a lot of pressure. Wingate managed the game quite well with 10 men and had a few moments on the break. Leon got his obligatory goal, ending his drought before the winner late on when the Wingate number 8, within a minute of hauling Kezie down inside the box and somehow winning the free-kick, glanced Ryan Palmer's cross inside the near post.
It could legitimately have finished 9-9. Fantastic entertainment, and you have to credit the character, once again, of the players for fighting back. The red card may have helped, but there were suggestions beforehand that we were clawing ourselves back into the game.
Next article in this thread: Drought by Simon15/10/2014 12:50Wed Oct 15 12:50:15 2014
- OK - who now regrets not going! by SteveHFC14/10/2014 23:25Tue Oct 14 23:25:26 2014view thread
- We did the three-goal turnaround on Tuesday 31 Aug… by David B15/10/2014 13:39Wed Oct 15 13:39:42 2014
- Re: We did the three-goal turnaround on Tuesday 31… by SteveHFC15/10/2014 19:12Wed Oct 15 19:12:53 2014
- Re: We did the three-goal turnaround on Tuesday 31… by dw16/10/2014 00:11Thu Oct 16 00:11:09 2014
- Another game... by mello16/10/2014 10:18Thu Oct 16 10:18:48 2014
- Ridiculous by John15/10/2014 10:28Wed Oct 15 10:28:07 2014
- Drought by Simon15/10/2014 12:50Wed Oct 15 12:50:15 2014
- Famous comebacks by mike cox16/10/2014 17:00Thu Oct 16 17:00:14 2014
- Sorry to make you feel old by David B17/10/2014 13:10Fri Oct 17 13:10:31 2014