Re: Not remotely deflated
I must admit I'm not overly deflated either. The biggest blow of losing yesterday is the financial one. Had that been a league game, I don't think many of us would have been too disappointed. There's no doubt in my mind that the players gave 100% - it just didn't happen, and too many had an off day on the same day. I'm not going to name names, they know who they are, you only had to look at their faces on the final whistle to see how gutted they were.
I think Rob's summed things up well - we need to look at the bigger picture. That was just our 3rd defeat of the season in our 19th game - there won't be many clubs nationally who have that kind of record in all competitions. The defeat just happened to come in the FA Cup, and having gone 11 games unbeaten, a defeat was going to come round sooner or later.
The big test comes now - we need to put yesterday behind us and focus on what's ahead. Obviously we have the league cup game at Wingate on Tuesday - in which I suspect we'll see a line up similar to that fielded against Barking - and then a very tough test against Margate on Saturday. However, we often come up to our best in those tough tests.
I must mention our support yesterday - superb, both in volume and in numbers (I estimate somewhere between 80 and 100). Those of you who follow players and management on twitter will know that two or three of them have commented on it - they really do appreciate it. As Mike Cox mentioned before the game - our support is very much a 12th man - and we need to make sure we get behind the team in the same way on Saturday against Margate (as well as on Tuesday for those of us who are able to go to Wingate).
Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website
Next article in this thread: In dream land..... by mello12/10/2014 21:51Sun Oct 12 21:51:37 2014
- Not remotely deflated by rwakeley12/10/2014 00:57Sun Oct 12 00:57:55 2014view thread
- Re: Not remotely deflated by SteveHFC12/10/2014 10:15Sun Oct 12 10:15:29 2014
- In dream land..... by mello12/10/2014 21:51Sun Oct 12 21:51:37 2014
- Fleeting moments by dw12/10/2014 22:18Sun Oct 12 22:18:21 2014
- Disappointing. by alan ainsworth12/10/2014 22:59Sun Oct 12 22:59:30 2014
- The big picture by rwakeley13/10/2014 00:29Mon Oct 13 00:29:22 2014
- Re: Disappointing. by Paul Butler13/10/2014 00:03Mon Oct 13 00:03:48 2014
- Glory Hunting... & Stereotyping. by alan ainsworth14/10/2014 17:33Tue Oct 14 17:33:02 2014