Money is the root of all evil in football - ask Hereford and Salisbury
Thanks to the insanity of money in English football, the only people to lose out are fans who go to games (the cost of two months subscription to all seven Sky Sports channels is 90 percent of one - cheapest - Category A ticket at The Emirates). To watch St Albans play Chelmsford in level 6 of English football is similar to watching Bayern Munich playing Borussia Dortmund in the German FA Cup Final (one team in a shade of yellow taking on a team in a shade of red, 11 v 11 at kick-off). The cost of admission is almost the same too, £1.28 more to sit in a full 80,000-capacity state-of-the-art stadium than to stand with a few hundred others in a small ground inside a public park (there are Conference Premier clubs who charge 15 percent more for a League game than the DFB do for their biggest match).
Next article in this thread: agree by saintetienne4/10/2014 12:51Sat Oct 4 12:51:22 2014
- minor cup games by Paul Butler3/10/2014 23:35Fri Oct 3 23:35:29 2014view thread
- Re: minor cup games by SteveHFC4/10/2014 00:19Sat Oct 4 00:19:28 2014
- Money is the root of all evil in football - ask He… by David B4/10/2014 11:40Sat Oct 4 11:40:36 2014
- agree by saintetienne4/10/2014 12:51Sat Oct 4 12:51:22 2014
- Tin Pot Cups and Prices by alan ainsworth4/10/2014 16:55Sat Oct 4 16:55:22 2014