Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: game v peacehaven by essex don1/9/2014 08:31Mon Sep 1 08:31:54 2014view thread

Albert Einstein

By rwakeley (legacy user)31/8/2014 02:25Sun Aug 31 02:25:07 2014In response to Bogey Team

Views: 3760

Doing the same thing and expecting different results - Hello!
I personally don't buy into that augument.
I maintain our present set-up restricts our flanks in a defensive and an attacking mode, allowing intervention from the opposition.
First two Enfield goals systematic of exposed flanks and the third a by-product of our pushing in search of a goal - so no fault on that. Our weakness on the flanks also resulted in an untimely amount of un-neccessary free-kicks given away. Emblanmatic of an underlying weakness.
Watch Canvey on Tuesday because if there's a ruddy side of whom like to spray the ball across the park its that lot - although the right back might be left-footed - if last season is anything to go by.
Or was it the other way round - I digress - memory lapse!
Taggs on in the centre as a direct replacement - a failed policy. I presume Kevin is a doubt.
We're better than that! Cohesion!
I refuse to slate the lads on todays performance simply because I maintain we have totally screwed things up - and that's the first time in six years I have stated that. We played right into their hands.
We will play a lot worse than that over the course of any campaign -
What is annoying is that we have more to offer than what was shown today - I don't like our formation, annd Enfield took advantage - Seeby has 500 plus appearances at right back and looked hesitant - same with Sprague. To me they look exposed - there's no cover - little in the way of over-lap - we look a totally different proposition when these guys get forward.
I don't think we are far off the mark - but that was a real ball-ache (can I type that), of an afternoon.
Perseverance required.

rwakeley

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: URGENT - Volunteer Required to Help tomorrow by John29/8/2014 10:22Fri Aug 29 10:22:40 2014view thread