Re: Aaron Morgan
I think Aaron is now showing more of the form we saw during 2010-11, his first season with us when he scored 11 goals in 52 games. He was the spearhead for most of the season, initially with Belal, then on his own when Belal was injured, though Jamie Busby and Lubo helped him with the goalscoring.
A badly broken leg early the following season meant a long recovery and a spell away from the club at a lower level, where he showed that he had not lost the knack of scoring (remember the Middlesex Senior match at North Greenford in December 2012, Aaron scoring twice for them in a 3-2 defeat for us?). He looked good in 2013 preseason, only to fail to show the same form competitively, though he scored goals later in the season for North Greenford.
He certainly offers an alternative as a main striker to Leon and Kezie, but he also can perform well as a winger. I would agree with Paul that Aaron is not a full-back or a wing-back, but occasionally circumstances during a match could force the need for him to adopt such a role.
My guess is that his confidence in his ability to play well at our level disappeared following his broken leg, and has only returned fully this preseason.
Next article in this thread: Re: Aaron Morgan by dw21/8/2014 00:03Thu Aug 21 00:03:56 2014
- Winning mentality by rwakeley19/8/2014 12:10Tue Aug 19 12:10:45 2014view thread
- Re: Winning mentality by Paul Butler19/8/2014 14:04Tue Aug 19 14:04:19 2014
- Aaron Morgan by rwakeley19/8/2014 14:27Tue Aug 19 14:27:39 2014
- Re: Aaron Morgan by ChrisHFC20/8/2014 12:25Wed Aug 20 12:25:49 2014
- Re: Aaron Morgan by dw21/8/2014 00:03Thu Aug 21 00:03:56 2014