Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: eBook by John Rice19/7/2014 18:07Sat Jul 19 18:07:22 2014view thread

Re: foul language - is it necessary ?

By Jake Osborn (legacy user)7/7/2014 16:40Mon Jul 7 16:40:55 2014In response to foul language - is it necessary ?

Views: 7746

I think the lack of young supporters stems from the lack of atmosphere
10 years ago I was that kid along with my brothers (all younger btw) and we were by no means alone as the you gets on the terraces hearing a lot of stuff that one would seem inappropriate. But guess what I'd heard worse at school or just walking down the road and the same is true now
What stopped a lot of the lads I grew up with coming back as the years went on is they simply lost interest
The people we have to appeal to is the younger generation, scolding them for letting their hair down in the weekend is not the way to do it IMO
The young ones of 14-15 will come with their mates as a day away from mum and dad and a chance to be a lad for a bit and go to a game
I understand there are those who want to bring even younger kids along and fair dos but if you took them to any ground in the country and sat in the family stand you'd still hear what you'd expect at footy, curse words.
Maybe I've just been to proper hooligan grounds though ( QPR Fulham leyton orient among them)

I think the reason this has wound a couple of us up as much as to has is there was never this concern when we started out and now it's us who are the bad guys despite being the product of our habitat (Saturday afternoon on the terraces being a big part of that)

It is a shame that we've had to make the hard decision not to attend home games but as has been said I work hard all week and choose to sped my time and money going to games and I don't want to be spoken down to by those who were the ones who helped shape the type of fan I've become
I don't feel welcome at home games and so I shan't attend them but will go to away games as Gary and Fred and the lads on the field deserve my support so I will give it where I can

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: Re: foul language - is it necessary ? by John7/7/2014 20:41Mon Jul 7 20:41:07 2014

Previous thread: Kezie Ibe.... by Paul Butler16/7/2014 09:51Wed Jul 16 09:51:14 2014view thread