Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: eBook by John Rice19/7/2014 18:07Sat Jul 19 18:07:22 2014view thread

Re: Don't Leave Us Paul

By John (legacy user)7/7/2014 13:57Mon Jul 7 13:57:48 2014In response to Re: Don't Leave Us Paul

Views: 7879

I think you're beginning to miss the point now Paul.

This isn't about anyone being singled out. This isn't trying to stop anyone from creating an atmosphere behind the goal. All Simon is asking is that foul and abusive language is moderated. Surely that's not too much to ask is it? Like it or not, kids come to Hendon matches, and the club has a duty to provide an environment which encourages that.

I want my kids to grow up watching Hendon, I want them to know what its like to be part of something special on those occasions where the side defy the odds and the fans are united. What I don't want to have to be explaining to them is why people are using naughty words. Why should I have to do that? It's nothing to do with being part of some PC crew, or coming to games on some sort of bus for the mortally offended. It's everything to do with not having my little ones subjected to language that they have no need to hear so early in their lives.

Quite frankly, from what I've read, you seem to be unable to separate going to games and effing, blinding and c-bombing and if anyone uses language befitting an unruly child then perhaps they ought to be treated as such.

Simon and the board have worked tirelessly over the past few years to not only keep the club alive but to move it forward. Now that time has come it looks as though you're almost willing them to fail. I'm sure that's not the case deep down, but I find your refusal to work with them over this single, quite minor issue, pretty mystifying.

I have a lot of time for you, Paul, you're a decent bloke who's always good to chat to about football. But I'm afraid, on this point we are poles apart.

Maybe see you at an away match next season.

reply to this article | return to the front page

Next article in this thread: The inconvenient truth by Planet Margate14/7/2014 09:45Mon Jul 14 09:45:50 2014

Previous thread: Kezie Ibe.... by Paul Butler16/7/2014 09:51Wed Jul 16 09:51:14 2014view thread