Frustration and what ifs
Hendon would be in the playoffs - and possibly even looking at second place - but for three gigantic ifs.
If we had started the season with 12 points from seven games, instead of five …
If our home record showed half the defeats being draws and half the draws being more victories …
If we did better than five points out of 24 against the teans in 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st. Four wins and two draws from those eight games would have brought nine more points …
This all proves the famous football adage, “the table doesn't lie" and we are where we are, because of those three factors. There is no point ranting and raving, just accept the fact.
And remember, we are punching far above our weight. If it wasn't for our fantastic management team and brilliant squad, we would be in the battle between 17th and 22nd, or even lower, and not looking down without a care in the world!
Next article in this thread: Re: Frustration and what ifs by Paul Butler15/4/2014 23:13Tue Apr 15 23:13:42 2014
- Frustration and what ifs by David B15/4/2014 17:23Tue Apr 15 17:23:14 2014view thread
- Re: Frustration and what ifs by Paul Butler15/4/2014 23:13Tue Apr 15 23:13:42 2014
- Frustration etc by Jeff Hill16/4/2014 09:17Wed Apr 16 09:17:18 2014
- Michael Peacock by SteveHFC17/4/2014 13:00Thu Apr 17 13:00:15 2014
- Re: Michael Peacock by m17/4/2014 13:39Thu Apr 17 13:39:52 2014
- Re: Michael Peacock by David B17/4/2014 15:50Thu Apr 17 15:50:11 2014
- Michael Peacock by Jeff Hill17/4/2014 17:15Thu Apr 17 17:15:27 2014
- Re: Michael Peacock by Paul Butler19/4/2014 08:31Sat Apr 19 08:31:16 2014