Return to front page

Newest article: Re: PA system at SJP by ktfcprogrammes7328/9/2023 23:09Thu Sep 28 23:09:24 2023view thread

Oldest article: "Hither & Thither"? by alan ainsworth24/11/2013 12:59Sun Nov 24 12:59:08 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Sponsored Walk up Snowdon by John Rice24/3/2014 20:51Mon Mar 24 20:51:39 2014view thread

Our underlying character remains intact

By rwakeley (legacy user)24/3/2014 15:12Mon Mar 24 15:12:25 2014In response to Re: Away v ETU

Views: 4149

Last 3 games seen, Met Police, Cray and ETU. Similarities abound - re:- earlier rant! Survival of the fittest (again)!
A feeling of inevitability - that is in no way a criticism of the lads - in fact quite the contrary.
Not one to bound about fatigue as an excuse but we lost virtually every single tackle, we were easily brushed aside and were outdone in the possession stakes.
For me only Seebs and Benno exhibited any normal atrributes, Kevin for a while. I was impresssed with Joe's handling on yet another un-even surface.
Early Kev aside, I thought we completely lost the midfield battle and allowed East Thurrock to play through us more or less unabated.
I was impressed the opposition, they reminded me in more ways than one, of Maidstone - really impressed with Lewis Smith.
I maintain Saturday was an accumulation of the demands placed on a very weary set of lads under duress and these factors, (as with nearly all sides at this stage of the season) will periodically come to a head.
Many sides at the bottom have recently put in performances and I maintain this is more than survival traits but moreover the percieved higher opposition also feeling the pace.
Given the fact we have recently put in quality endeavour against Bognor and Wealdstone hardly suggests to me anything more than a bad day.
The lads have been incredible this season - they must have been - I can't remember the last time I actually questioned a performance - and despite the scoreline on Saturday, I cannot bring myself to do so.
I don't think they warrant criticism and I believe they have sufficient character to realise this and move forward.
I'm pretty sure the lads will be willing to prove a point or two in the comming games.

rwakeley

reply to this article | return to the front page

Previous thread: Thanks Leon... by mike cox22/3/2014 17:03Sat Mar 22 17:03:39 2014view thread