With Wealdstone missing 8 first team 'regulars', it's worth noting that we were hardly at full-strength ourselves without Berkley Laurencin, Scott Cousins, James Fisher, Tony Taggart and Elliott Brathwaite. Sam Flegg came off on Saturday as well with an ice-pack on his knee as he walked down the tunnel, so I was surprised that he started last night and Anthony Thomas was obviously exhausted during the 2nd half Saturday as well before he came off.
In actual fact, given the laboured performance for much of Saturday and Stones netting 5 against East Thurrock, I suspected we might have been in for a long evening. Credit, once again then to the players for digging deep against the best side in the league.
My point here is that which team had which players out is pretty irrelevant. We can all spin the facts however we like, it all adds up to a pretty pointless argument.
I think given events, neither set of fans would be unhappy with a point. The Stones can now concentrate on sewing up the title now whilst we can look to extend our decent run of form at the weekend at Rookery Hill.
- Incredible by rwakeley17/3/2014 22:25Mon Mar 17 22:25:25 2014view thread
- Superb by John Rice17/3/2014 23:03Mon Mar 17 23:03:45 2014
- Re: Superb by SteveHFC18/3/2014 10:37Tue Mar 18 10:37:01 2014
- Re: Superb by mike cox18/3/2014 12:07Tue Mar 18 12:07:02 2014
- Re: Superb by John18/3/2014 15:25Tue Mar 18 15:25:03 2014