Many thanks for posting link - brings back many memories from my youth.
I remember Happy really well, as will many older supporters. He was one of the characters in this world and was known to just about everyone who lived in central Hendon. For many years he had a cobblers shop on Church Rd and then subsequently worked for the Council. He was Hendon's mascot and for big occassions always wore his green and white suit. His favourite phrase was "wear your colours". For a number of years his association with Hendon FC was commemerated in the The Greyhound pub (Greyhound Hill) where "Happy's Bar" was full of memorabelia.
One thing I always remember is the betting system he used - he was always down the bookies. His system was to bet on all horses that started with the letter 'O'. Don't think it worked.
Happy (sic) memories.
Next article in this thread: Re: Happy by vyqaxavywo31/5/2021 06:07Mon May 31 06:07:02 2021
- Great Old Photos of Hendon by Mallorca Don26/1/2014 12:41Sun Jan 26 12:41:25 2014view thread
- re: Great Old Photos of Hendon by alan ainsworth26/1/2014 15:48Sun Jan 26 15:48:14 2014
- Happy by John Fordham26/1/2014 18:12Sun Jan 26 18:12:53 2014
- Re: Happy by vyqaxavywo31/5/2021 06:07Mon May 31 06:07:02 2021
- Re: Happy by David B1/6/2021 22:25Tue Jun 1 22:25:29 2021