re: Great Old Photos of Hendon
Enormous changes in the social demographic over a relatively short period of time... except at the Bingo Hall, of course. I reckon that picture of the Bingo punters was taken at Beacon only last week.
Very scary that I've just tried to think of anyone of the many people I knew that worked at Smith's Industries who's still alive. I don't think any are.
The situation that the western car park of Brent Cross shopping centre, for which Hendon dog track was demolished and concreted over, now gets more use than the piece of **** standing three or four miles due south, on the site of the Olympic Stadium, isn't all that pleasing.
Next article in this thread: Happy by John Fordham26/1/2014 18:12Sun Jan 26 18:12:53 2014
- Great Old Photos of Hendon by Mallorca Don26/1/2014 12:41Sun Jan 26 12:41:25 2014view thread
- re: Great Old Photos of Hendon by alan ainsworth26/1/2014 15:48Sun Jan 26 15:48:14 2014
- Happy by John Fordham26/1/2014 18:12Sun Jan 26 18:12:53 2014
- Re: Happy by vyqaxavywo31/5/2021 06:07Mon May 31 06:07:02 2021
- Re: Happy by David B1/6/2021 22:25Tue Jun 1 22:25:29 2021