Walking directions from Maidstone Barracks
There's a shortcut to the ground that is far more direct than a circuitous route following roads. I asked how to walk it on the Maidstone forum, and got three helpful replies pretty quick.
"Come out of the station, cross the road and turn right. Follow the alleyway next to the other railway line (towards Maidstone east). You can then either walk all the way into town past maidstone east, turn left at the end and follow the road along to the roundabout from where the ground is visible, or immediately after crossing the river, go down the steps and along the riverbank away from town then go up the steps next to the boat club next to the ground. The second is a shorter route but doesn't pass any pubs."
"Up the stairs, turn right into Buckland Hill, up the steps to follow the footpath parallel to the Victoria / Maidstone East line across the Medway. Once across the river take the first set of stairs down to Fairmeadow and head north for about 100 yards - easy as that ( 10 mins max )."
"If you wanted a pub, most Stones fans use the Wetherspoons Society Rooms, which is straight ahead as you walk adjacant to Maidstone East station (Beer cheap but a bit souless)"
Obviously, the big plus of Maidstone is that they have a 3G pitch, so unless the weather turns decidedly wintry and there's a load of snow, it's a pretty safe bet to say that the game will be on.
Greensnet - The Official Hendon FC Website
Hendon FC Supporters Trust Official Website
Next article in this thread: Maidstone and the Medway by David B18/12/2013 15:32Wed Dec 18 15:32:51 2013
- Maidstone travel ? by rwakeley17/12/2013 22:07Tue Dec 17 22:07:45 2013view thread
- Re: Maidstone travel ? by SteveHFC18/12/2013 01:13Wed Dec 18 01:13:39 2013
- Thanks Steve by rwakeley18/12/2013 10:25Wed Dec 18 10:25:19 2013
- Walking directions from Maidstone Barracks by SteveHFC18/12/2013 13:30Wed Dec 18 13:30:43 2013
- Maidstone and the Medway by David B18/12/2013 15:32Wed Dec 18 15:32:51 2013
- Re: Thanks Steve by Anonymous18/12/2013 10:42Wed Dec 18 10:42:03 2013