Let’s be positive
I am really excited that we will be playing on the main pitch at The Hive tonight. When it comes to playing at a new ground, how much newer do you want than a second senior game ever?
Huge thanks to Barnet FC for agreeing to switch the match to their new home. How many clubs would have simply pulled out and left us with nothing?
Of course, it is a huge shame that the match tonight has been switched. However, I am sure it would be far more of a public relations disaster and embarrassing if we had a situation, such as at Farnborough last week, when the match was abandoned because of the state of the pitch. Also, can you imagine the repercussions if a player - from either side - suffered a terrible injury caused by the pitch?
The weather in recent weeks has been exceptional. Baking hot days happen quite frequently, but we don't get even 10 days of 27-30 degrees Celsius more than once or twice a decade, and we have had it for almost a fortnight now. The last spells of a similar length that I remember are 1976 and 1995.
- Disastrous start for new home by jacaranda22/7/2013 17:36Mon Jul 22 17:36:39 2013view thread
- Disastrous start by Claremont Man23/7/2013 13:58Tue Jul 23 13:58:28 2013
- A reasonable suggestion by Simon23/7/2013 14:04Tue Jul 23 14:04:46 2013
- Re: Disastrous start for new home by Simon22/7/2013 17:53Mon Jul 22 17:53:34 2013
- Disastrous start by jacaranda23/7/2013 12:04Tue Jul 23 12:04:50 2013
- Re: Disastrous start by SteveHFC23/7/2013 12:26Tue Jul 23 12:26:01 2013
- Let’s be positive by David B23/7/2013 12:44Tue Jul 23 12:44:17 2013