ContinueWe use cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our website; if you continue without changing your settings - or dismiss this message - we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on forum.hendonfc.net

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: SOAP by Don of Caddington3/7 20:27Fri Jul 3 20:27:35 2020view thread

Oldest article: Disastrous start for new home by jacaranda22/7/2013 17:36Mon Jul 22 17:36:39 2013view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Last Night by dw24/7/2013 23:32Wed Jul 24 23:32:45 2013view thread

Let’s be positive

By David B (legacy user)23/7/2013 12:44Tue Jul 23 12:44:17 2013In response to Re: Disastrous start

Views: 4545

I am really excited that we will be playing on the main pitch at The Hive tonight. When it comes to playing at a new ground, how much newer do you want than a second senior game ever?

Huge thanks to Barnet FC for agreeing to switch the match to their new home. How many clubs would have simply pulled out and left us with nothing?

Of course, it is a huge shame that the match tonight has been switched. However, I am sure it would be far more of a public relations disaster and embarrassing if we had a situation, such as at Farnborough last week, when the match was abandoned because of the state of the pitch. Also, can you imagine the repercussions if a player - from either side - suffered a terrible injury caused by the pitch?

The weather in recent weeks has been exceptional. Baking hot days happen quite frequently, but we don't get even 10 days of 27-30 degrees Celsius more than once or twice a decade, and we have had it for almost a fortnight now. The last spells of a similar length that I remember are 1976 and 1995.

reply to this article | return to the front page