Re: Disastrous start for new home
I completely understand your frustration and you can be assured that I share it. Not only have a lot of people put a lot of effort in to help establish our presence at Harrow but the signs were that we would have had a decent crowd and earned ourselves a few bob.
However, the fact is that after visiting Earlsmead earlier today with the Harrow Borough groundsman, Graham Etchell and Junior Lewis were firmly of the view that the pitch would not be fit to stage a match tomorrow evening.
I am told that the pitch had been looking good up to a few weeks ago but the recent spell of unusually hot and dry weather has resulted in a large number of cracks. Had the game gone ahead, not only would it have put player safety at risk but it would probably have done considerable damage to the pitch leading to postponements further down the line.
Next article in this thread: Disastrous start by jacaranda23/7/2013 12:04Tue Jul 23 12:04:50 2013
- Disastrous start for new home by jacaranda22/7/2013 17:36Mon Jul 22 17:36:39 2013view thread
- Disastrous start by Claremont Man23/7/2013 13:58Tue Jul 23 13:58:28 2013
- A reasonable suggestion by Simon23/7/2013 14:04Tue Jul 23 14:04:46 2013
- Re: Disastrous start for new home by Simon22/7/2013 17:53Mon Jul 22 17:53:34 2013
- Disastrous start by jacaranda23/7/2013 12:04Tue Jul 23 12:04:50 2013
- Re: Disastrous start by SteveHFC23/7/2013 12:26Tue Jul 23 12:26:01 2013
- Let’s be positive by David B23/7/2013 12:44Tue Jul 23 12:44:17 2013